Sunday, December 28, 2008

From Lynn 12/28/08

Dear Ones, It is Saturday afternoon, December 27 and the 'big brown bag' was just unhung, the last and toughest part of this round of chemo.  I wait and rest patiently for the effects to subside, blood counts to dip some more before they can rise again, and the welcome words that I can be released for a few days.   I hope to return home to recover by Tuesday.  Time with Colin and Danny and Jon and my own bed. Everyone here on the 12th floor continues to be wonderful, and I feel the effects of their great care every day.  They are patient and wise and helpful round the clock, and the fortitude of everyone through our trying Seattle weather was remarkable and an added blessing. To all of you, my deepest thanks and gratitude.  I have this image that I ride along on the wings of your wishes and love, humor, gifts and continued blessings, and I'm convinced they are the source of my good spirits and relative good health. Happy New Year to All! WIth Love and Hugs, Lynn

3 comments:

mardi said...

I love that image. Fly along. We love you. Mean it. Mardi

Anonymous said...

Lynn,
I love reading your post...I can hear your voice, becuase like all your students you are an amazing writer! I have been thinking of you over the holidays and hope you and your family are doing well! Keep up the hard work of recovering - We are all counting on you!
Anna George

Here a few quotes - to inspire and to make you laugh!

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."
~ Unknown

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Anonymous said...

thats easy to picture....i promise i won't fall off, and neither will anybody else (for that matter) we all support you!

hugs, love, and deliciouse food!
the foodie family
(august paul patty and callan)